Fine Art From Destruction (Project 1)

1. How do you feel about the overall outcome of this piece in relation to your art making process?
     I am pretty happy with my final outcome of this piece. I definitely did struggle because I am not the best when it comes to photoshop art. However, I feel as though my message is very clear and my piece shows that art is somewhat of an escape for me. 

2. In what way did you integrate your personal art practice into this project?
    The main way I integrated my personal art into this piece is by retracing my sketches from my drawing class into my piece to represent my figure. I used the Wacom tablet and drew over my picture to give the drawing more contrast. 

3. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece?
    To be completely honest, this piece was a challenge for me overall because I was only able to use photoshop. While completing this project, I taught myself how to use the filter, liquify. I found myself learning and teaching myself new little things as I continued the project. 

4. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough?
      The main element of this project that made the completion more difficult was simply coming up with a way to actually show my identity. I always find it very hard to visually show myself in my art and what I think makes up who I am. 

5. Reflect on the project critique: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not?
      I found the critique very helpful. I was given suggestions on what I could do to make my piece more about me. My classmates suggested that I should put in more of my own art to make the piece more personal. 

6. Please share any other thoughts.
     Overall, I really enjoyed learning how to use photoshop and I will definitely be using these new skills to help me with my art in the future. 

Comments