Response to Black and Blue: American Artist Is Redefining How We Think About Race in the Digital Age

My Response:

I found this article very interesting. The whole idea of changing one's name to literally represent what an American Artist is, makes me question what really makes up an artist. It is somewhat sad that I too pictured a white male when the words "American artist" were mentioned. I believe that identity can sometimes be blurred into today's age. People are able to present themselves in anyway they want by posting whatever they want on the internet. Along with being able to post whatever they want, they are also able to see really anything on the internet. This gives us more exposure to political issues and we are now easily able to form our own opinions. I found it interesting how Artist brought up the question, can people identify as a color? This also brings to question how many different ways can people identify themselves.

Comments