Questions and Sketches for Project 1

  • Look at student work and artists listed below, choose at least one to respond to. Use these examples as inspiration for this assignment.
    • I found Daisuke Takaku's work very interesting. I enjoyed how she showed multiple versions of herself while performing multiple tasks at the same time. Some of the versions of herself are just sitting and watching and others are working on what seems to be metal.
  • Who are you and how does your artistic practice reflect that identity? 
    • I tend to identify myself as someone who cares for other people, loves art, and wants to help through the use of art. My main career goal is to be an Art Therapist, hopefully working in a hospital. I feel as though art can provide a healthier alternative to medicine in some cases and can help others find peace in hurtful situations. 
  • How does your presence on social media reflect that identity? 
    • All of my social media consists of my friends, boyfriend, family, and trips that I have been on. This shows how I tend to care for other people and enjoy making new adventures. 
  • How do your friends reflect that identity? 
    • My best friend and I are both art students so we connect in many different ways. I tend to be someone who enjoys long term relationships and this clearly shows. I have had the same best friend since I was five years old and I have been with my boyfriend for three years. 
  • How do your values reflect that identity?
    • I very much value respect. This shows in how I treat adults and those around me. Something else I believe in is independence. personally, I cannot function normally without some alone time throughout my day. Sometimes being with people all the time, I become overwhelmed and I need time to work on what is important to me. 
  • Is there a difference between your internal and external self?
    • I don't really think there is a difference between my internal and external self. Being fake with people is something that frustrates me so people usually say I am an open book. 
  • How do you present an image that communicates your personality?
    • Presenting an image that communicates my personality will be very challenging for me. every individual is made up of so many different elements so to contain this in one image can be challenging. 


Comments